View Single Post
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Default Digital camera recommendations....

To start, I already have a Nikon Coolpix4600. It's old and slow. Heck, I bought it in late '04. It will record movies, but it has no sound capability. Why any company would make a digital camera that can shoot movies but not have sound is beyond me. Anyway....

I'm in the market for a decent digital camera. A DSLR would be nice, but for what I do with it and where it would go (the shop is not so friendly for electronic devices), a simple P&S would be fine with me. Besides, I'm not made of money, so it has to be affordable. I got a free Sony something or other about 2 years ago...great little camera with wonderful sound recording to go with the movies, but I gave it to the ex before I knew she was going to be an ex.

Here are a couple must-haves:

Something that takes AA batteries.
Something that takes a normal SD card.
Movies with sound.
Macro setting.

Any advice or personal experience would be appreciated.