View Single Post
Old Mon, September 27th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Shotgun has it pretty well covered but there are some things I'd like to add.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCritter View Post
Longshot, thanks for the reply. I'm glad you set me straight about the actual programming procedure.

As far as "datalogging" goes, I guess I was using the term incorrectly. I was referring to the live 1/4 mile and 0-60 feature on the Gryphon. After some more reading, I now understand datalogging a little better.

During the actual 1/4 mile and 0-60 tests I'm not sure. I've got the old fashioned Gryphon and you dont see your PIDs. But I think that may have been changed for the CS/CTS. If not then pay attention to your final speed on the 1/4 mile and do it again with the PIDs.

I do like the digital display on the unit. The readouts could be handy.

Yeah, they aren't vital but they are handy.

Is the actual programming procedure different from vehicle to vehicle? I know with the SCT, they recommend turning the ignition "on", but not starting the truck during programming. They also suggest that you should pull the fuses for things like an electric fan or anything else that might come on automatically. I understand that losing battery power would be a bad thing, but is all that really necessary?
Is the programming process similar with the Gryphon?

Nope, the programming is the same. You start out with the key on/engine off to start programming. The reason you dont want any battery load is because to reflash the computer the programmer must use large amounts of electricity. I think it takes over 24 volts to trigger the computer into rewriting. For a 12 volt battery it means you start going through amps much faster. This is why you want a strong healthy battery that isnt needing to run anything else.
In blue again.