View Single Post
Old Sat, March 7th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Whopper

Alaska_Bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Bryan,

Enjoyed meeting and chatting with you last night. As you can tell, I'm a chatty sort of person, which sometimes can be a handicap. :whistle:

One thing... don't believe the "Lie-O-Meter" for fuel economy. One of the unfortunate side effects of tuning is that the accuracy of the MPG is adversely affected. The DTE should still be pretty accurate since it basically calculates off the amount of fuel in the tank versus miles driven.

Let us know how it goes after a fill-up and you can put pencil and paper to it.

Take care and if we don't catch you before then, have a safe and enjoyable trip to Alaska!
Okay, so here's the update:

I checked my fuel economy for a tank that I had filled the day I picked up the truck plus one day on the chip. I got 14.6 mpg on that tank.

I fueled up today before heading to south Georgia and took Hwys 11, 83, 23, I75, and US 300, from Monroe to Albany. On the two lane country roads, I ran about 60, and on the interstate 70-75. After fueling up, I calculated 20.5 mpg, and the overhead was reading 20.9. So a huge improvement overall and the overhead (so far) is off by a smidge. Of course I won't rely on it but will continue to calculate mpg manually. Who knows, after a few runs and if it continues to be close, maybe I will use it.