Thread: features
View Single Post
Old Thu, June 18th, 2009, 10:18 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Ah - I think I understand! You're towing 9K and don't want to be without the Level 2 program for even a heartbeat. I don't blame you!

Actually though, the Level 2 program is probably pretty good for your situation - it's certainly better than stock! But, I think Bill could make it better still. That's a BIG load!

What I'd do is this: wait till after your "towing season" is done, then, return your truck to stock and send in the Edge for a conversion, making sure you state the load you normally tow, where you live (the altitude), the kind of driving (stop and go, mostly cruise, speeds, gas octane, etc.), in other words, let Bill know what you want him to give you! Get a custom tow tune for the thing.

Since you evidently drive your truck for much of the year while not towing, I'd get a tune for that situation too. Again, what kind of driving is it?

In my case, I drive my truck mostly on the highway, usually towing, but sometimes not. I have two tunes, one for each situation and I'm very happy with the results. I wanted good passing power in both tunes and good mileage. I did not care about "chirping" my tires off a standing start. I told Bill this.

Hope this makes at least a little sense!

- Jack