View Single Post
Old Thu, April 19th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Double Whopper

PerpetualSeanX is on a distinguished road
Default 0-60 times super slow

So I just recently regeared my truck from 3.73's to 4.56's. I have 93 octane performance custom tune, 35'' tires, gotts mod and the gears, and a 4'' rancho lift.

My times before regearing were 10 seconds flat. After getting the gears, and breaking them in, my first go at really beating on it was 9.1 seconds. That was about a week ago. Today, I couldn't even get the wheels to chirp full throttle and the time has gone up to around 9.6-9.8 seconds.

Something doesn't seem right. With that being said, when I regeared a vibration started to occur around 67MPH, I was told it was probably my torque converter and I never noticed it before because it would have needed to go faster to cause it. Ok. On top of that, occasionally before the gearing I would notice the tranny seemed to be slipping. I'd be flooring it sitting at around 4.7K RPM and not really going any faster until it would kick up a gear. This was very infrequent and I haven't noticed a significant symptom like that again in a while.

Is it possible my tranny is just slipping like mad and I'm losing all my power there? Could it be my torque converter? My tranny just doing normal flat cruising at 45-65 sits at around 155-165 depending on ambient temps (85-95 degrees now). Any insight and help would really be appreciated. I'd like to know if taking it in to get the tranny looked at is worth it.