View Single Post
Old Fri, April 20th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Double Whopper

PerpetualSeanX is on a distinguished road

No codes present at this time. Just changed air filter. I'll check out the MAS sensor. How difficult is it to check out the fuel filter and how will I know if it is or isn't clogged?

No vibrations while using 4x4. The guy I am dealing with that did my gears swears it's the torque converter and not pinion angle. I actually specifically asked him whether it was or wasn't pinion angle when I experienced it and he feels that it's a different kind of vibration. He was actually rather insulted I would question him on it and cited his 20+ years of experience doing gearing and the like. . .

I've been rather frustrated with this whole gearing process and him because it seems in the few short days I've been trying to learn about it, I've learned more about this than he seems to know or is willing to accept. Pinion angle definitely seems to be the issue at this time, or poor backlash setting or preload. . .we'll see what happens when he takes the gears out to replace them cause they also whined when I got them installed, and still do whine. He said he wouldn't replace them until 1000 miles on my first oil change stating Yukon doesn't warranty them until then.

I love my truck too much to see her go through all this stuff. /sigh It's killing me.