Thread: 0-60 times
View Single Post
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Just to add another few notes:
1. The bigger your cab the heavier your truck. Even standard cabs with a long box are lighter than a super cab with a short box.
2. The 4X4 drive train components add additional weight and rolling resistance
3. Gearing and torque control can make a big difference also.

FYI
And to add to that, I've noticed that the current weather(temp, humidity, barometric pressure, etc) and even more important fuel quality (not octane but how well it burns compared to other brands and batches) make a big difference. From the quickest to the slowest 0-60 times I have over a 1 second spread for my "best of the day" runs. The quickest was in 50˚ weather with a good batch of gas and the worst was 100˚+ with fuel that didn't seem to burn well. The daily records did improve with temperature but only when the fuel was good. I'm not so sure that temperature makes a big difference considering 50˚F air is only about .007 pounds per cubic foot denser than 100˚F air. But when our trucks bring in 200 g/s at WOT...Oh my, looks like I'm arguing with myself again.
I wonder what our 0-60's would be at along the coast right now with denser air and a cold front that promises 19˚ tomorrow?

And keep in mind that each truck is different, that is why we were all attracted to custom tuning. To use help improve (or remove) those little quirks.