Thread: HPO health
View Single Post
Old Tue, December 28th, 2010, 07:46 AM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I looked over the graphs a bit and I'll have to compare them against the ICP tables in your files. It does seem odd that you're barely hitting 2000 PSI most of the time and it makes me wonder if the scaling in the AE software might be off. Based on the ICP Desired tables, at full throttle above 2400 RPM the ICP output should be be at LEAST 3200 PSI if not more. I get the feeling something is a bit screwy. One thing that is good is that your Desired and Actual ICP values track very closely together. This is a good indication that your HPOP may be just fine.
Morning Bill,

Wondering if you might still be able to take a peek at my tunes regarding the peak ICP I'm seeing using AE in my 80DD vs 100 Perf tunes. I wanted to try to rule out AE and scaling, as I'd hate to find I have an expensive diagnostic tool that gives 'junk' data depending on the tune....

In stock, I can get ICP up over 3500 psi, and reported IPR DC is ~77%.

In the 100 Perf tune, ICP doesn't get quite as high, but still over 3000 psi, with IPR DC ranging from 75-85% I assume that the lower pressure for the same IPR DC as stock is due to the injection pw increase and use of more oil, (but I wasn't recording PW at the time to compare that ).

In the 80DD tune, ICP always stops right at 1740 psi, no matter what, and IPR DC is only around 60% maximum. Unless the given tune could possibly affect the scaling or passing of data to AE, it seems the data indicates the truck isn't trying to make any more pressure given that IPR DC stops increasing also.

No complaints on any of the tunes, as the 80DD runs great and is the tune I run most. I just really want to understand what I'm seeing to know that AE isn't providing bogus data and everything is working (at least as the tunes are commanding).

Regards
Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eabrust IPR vs ICP.jpg (31.7 KB, 5 views)
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback