View Single Post
Old Wed, May 26th, 2010, 12:09 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by agood1 View Post
I would have no idea how to specify any of this, thus I was looking for some guidance.

So there is more perfoamance enhancement with a CAI than a more free flowing exhaust?
I thought you specified it quite well actually. I knew exactly what kind of performance improvements you were looking for in the "tunes", and, so would Bill.

88Racing is our resident expert on exhausts, so I'll let him respond to your post about having the tune take advantage of the exhaust.

I have very strong opinions about CAIs, and think they are a total waste of money that cause nothing but trouble. If you want to improve aspiration, search this forum for the "Gotts Mod". It's a simple, less than $10 mod you can do yourself and it DOES produce benefits.

Please read through this: Q&A About Custom Options It talks about adjustments you can make to your tunes, either custom or canned, that will help with the OD behavior you described.

- Jack