View Single Post
Old Wed, February 25th, 2009, 05:49 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Since you haven't installed Pegasus (why not?), it's pretty obvious you haven't done this (from Bill's post earlier in this thread): To retrieve the file, plug the unit into the USB, run Pegasus and select [Utilities] -> [Retrieve Critical Files]. This will read the files from the programmer. E-mail me the CUSTOM file and I can see what's wrong.

Y'know, I think you're going to HAVE to do this if you expect Bill to be able to help you. And, I'm sure Bill can give you some idea about the relative value of the shift firmness, but I imagine it's not a simple matter of the "firmness points" that you see on your menu. I'd guess the effect to be in the neighborhood of about +10 for each of the shifts over stock, but it could easily be more.

But, install Pegasus and retrieve the custom file you've created so Bill can help you.

(Bill you're too quick for me!) You got your answer in right before I posted this. And, nice to know I was sort of right about the way shifting is modified - not the simple adding "firmness" property we have on the menu.

- Jack

Last edited by Jackpine; Wed, February 25th, 2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Reacted to Bill's post