View Single Post
Old Sun, December 13th, 2009, 09:16 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I couldn't tell you about Windows 7. I assume it works on the same basis as Vista.

As far as your boost issue goes.......

You either have a dirty air filter or a restriction to the compressor inlet.....
OR
you have a boost leak somewhere between the turbo compressor outlet and the intake manifolds.......
OR
you have a hole in your boost line to your gauge......
OR
you have a turbine drive pressure leak in your exhaust system between the exhaust manifolds and turbine inlet......

My educated guess is that you are either losing boost through a loose intercooler pipe boot or drive pressure at the turbine inlet junction where the exhaust pipes run up the back side of the engine. Both of these are very common issues.

Spotting an exhaust leak is very easy. Use a flash light to look up behind the engine towards the back of the turbocharger. You'll see witness marks (soot) where the exhaust pipes merge into the "y" of the turbine inlet. The driver's side is a lot easier to see than the passenger side but it can be done.

For the intake side, use a deep-well 11mm or 7/16" socket and some long extensions to tighten the four clamps on the intercooler pipe boots at the intercooler junctions and lose the extensions to do the four clamps at the compressor outlet and intake "y".

Use an 8mm or 5/16" socket to tighten all four clamps on the orange boots at the intake manifolds below the intake "y".

Let us know how it goes.