View Single Post
Old Tue, April 26th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilly View Post
Seeing as I have no idea what you're asking, I'd say no I havent tried that. I've looked around the custom menu options but I havent made any changes. First thing I need/want to do is find out my tire size in mm so I can adjust that in the custom settings.
You can use 2580 as a close starting number. To get it dialed in perfectly get a GPS and clear the odometers on it and your truck. Drive at least 10 miles and then use this little formula: GPS odo/truck odo X tire size (2580 if you program it in before you go).

To pull up the PID for the commanded gear go to settings, display, and then scroll through the list for "COMM GEAR", press enter. Then when you go back you'll see which gear the truck is currently supposed to be in. When you get up to highway speeds you'll see a little lock icon. That means that your torque converter is locked. Then next time you pull your loaded trailer look and see if having the shift/lock points raised or lowered would help. They move in increments of 1 mph because the part throttle shifting is dependent on speed and engine load. If having them raised or lowered would help then you can move them next time you reprogram your truck with the custom options menu.