View Single Post
Old Mon, September 27th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCritter View Post
Longshot, thanks for the reply. I'm glad you set me straight about the actual programming procedure.

As far as "datalogging" goes, I guess I was using the term incorrectly. I was referring to the live 1/4 mile and 0-60 feature on the Gryphon. After some more reading, I now understand datalogging a little better.

I do like the digital display on the unit. The readouts could be handy.

They are! I really like my CTS.

Is the actual programming procedure different from vehicle to vehicle? I know with the SCT, they recommend turning the ignition "on", but not starting the truck during programming. They also suggest that you should pull the fuses for things like an electric fan or anything else that might come on automatically. I understand that losing battery power would be a bad thing, but is all that really necessary?

ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY YES. PERIOD. TURN EVERYTHING OFF.

Let me say it again.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL THAT THE BATTERY HAVE THE MINIMAL LOAD DURING THE ENTIRE FLASHING PROCESS.

99% of the programming failures I've read about are either 1) user error 2) bad/aged/declining/etc. batteries 3) load on the battery during the flashing process (stereo, fans, headlights, etc.).

Many owners also use a battery tender during the flashing process just in case the battery voltage drops. They're cheap insurance IMHO.

Is the programming process similar with the Gryphon?

Pretty much identical. If you're interested, you can download a CS/CTS, Fusion, and MyStyle manuals at Edge's website.
Hope this helps...

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com