View Single Post
Old Sun, July 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM
Whopper

Fl Mach 1 is on a distinguished road

Got back in from out trip late last night and here are my impressions of the FICM with an Atlas 40 and unrolled back ECM.

We went from Orlando to the Knoxville, TN area (Sevierville) via I-75 and then had to make a run up to Dayton, OH and back on I-75 to visit my wife's grandfather who ended up in the hospital. On the way back to Orlando we went through the Smokey Mountain National Forest on US 441 all the way to I-85 in GA and then to I-285 around Atlanta and back down I-75 to the Florida Turnpike and home.

Probably about 80% highway driving with the speed varying between 70-75 mph. I hand calculated 18.52 mpg when we got back, the lie-O-meter was showing 20.6 mpg. The trip to TN is a pretty regular one for us, about 5 to 6 times a year and I usually get around 17 mpg with pretty much the same driving conditions so I did pick up some mileage which is great.

The big thing was the change in how the truck drives. Usually when passing in heavy traffic I would have to start to accelerate before changing lanes. Now I step on it and it goes. It makes driving the truck much easier. The turbo spools up a lot faster. If I had a studded motor I would definitely load the Atlas 80 or Hercules tune but since I have stock bolts I'll stick with the Economy or Atlas 40 tune.

Next I am going to get a hold of PHP about doing an ECM roll back.

We are going to upstate NY at the end of the month and I may load the Economy tune and see what I get for mileage change with that.