View Single Post
Old Mon, June 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Whopper

Alaska_Bound is on a distinguished road
Default Finally in Alaska

Hi Bill (Corey too),
I wanted to let you know that we arrived in Anchorage on the 18th, it's taken a little while to get things semi-organized. Truck ran well, I averaged about 15.6 mpg hauling a trailer for 5200 miles, not bad I guess?

You and the family are still have a place to stay should you decide to visit up here, I think you'd really enjoy it.

There are over 1600 pictures up on our online photo album if anyone would car to see. There are some from our previous trip in December (lots of snow) and then the drive from Georgia to Alaska. A friend of my sons took alot of pics so that album has his name (John Pate) and there is the other album of our pictures. There are also some random videos of wildlife, scenery and glaciers.

Go to http://bgonzales02.myphotoalbum.com to check it out

Everyone here on the forum is welcome to check out the pics as well, that's why I posted it here.

Weather is really unbearable right now....lows are in the mid 50's with a high of 68.

Sunlight is a little crazy though, we have something like 19 hours of full sunlight, at 2 am I can look through the skylight in our living room and still see the treetops.

Salmon are running so If I get the chance to go fishing I'll post up some pics of my catch.

Mods:
4" Straigh pipe exhaust with 5" Magnaflow tip
K&N Intake
4" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift with 35" tires on Mickey Thompson Classics
Phoenix 6 position installed by "da man" himself