View Single Post
Old Fri, January 21st, 2011, 11:22 PM
Whopper

FARMBOY22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
I am no expert on the subject but with injectors with such a high ratio things slow down. Performance HEUI injectors are all about fuel per time, the higher the ratio the longer it will take to move the fuel because of internal restrictions. This in itself can be harmful to your engine because of the advanced timing needed to deliver a full load of fuel within the "injection window". Hybrid injectors seem to be the better option as they are capable of delivering large quantity of fuel relatively fast, which means less timing, less cylinder pressure, and a much happier engine.

Yes you will loose injection "quality" with lower injection pressures, but gain the speed to deliver more fuel. Another benefit is that big oil systems are not always necessary with the Hybrids, that make it a bit easier on the wallet.
What you said makes sense though i believe it would be the increased flow of the oil needed not the pressure that would restricts it. I know in a normal hyd. systems that flow in harder to maintain than pressure. You can actually have pressure without flow(bad pump) but normally can,t have flow with out some pressure. On a high horsepower and/or rpm engine that makes sense. There are pros and cons to both, but i still wonder if on an engine making less than say 450hp at normal operating speeds if the A code would have an advantage??? Who knows i sure don,t?

99.5' F-250 EXTCAB 4X4 6SPD 4" LIFT 35" TIRES 3.73 GEARS
K&N INTAKE, GTP38R W/TURBO MASTER WASTEGATE CONTROLLER,
203DEG THERMOSTAT, EVO II,AND MBRP COOL DUALS EXHAUST NO MUFFLER