Thread: truck pics
View Single Post
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
Thanks

I bought those heads off of e-bay, pretty cheap too. I have the Sylvania Silver Star bulbs for the heads but have not switched the amber turns (I should though huh?). Aren't the Stealth bulbs blue? Of course this spring I will be switching the heads out with my brand new oem HD head lights that are sitting in the basement right now.

Actually, I have the honeycomb grill in the lower section that I got from www.f150store.com for 28 bucks(it's still on just behind the horizontal grill). Is that were you got yours from? Perfect match and installs with clips in about 4 minutes
You're thinking of the Silverstar parking lights. The Stealth bulbs are silver coated, but glow amber when on. They're kind of like mirrored sunglasses. I finally got around to posting a few pictures in my "album". The last shot shows the effect pretty well. No amber look in the daytime. I'd like to get rid of the amber in the running light lenses too, but that's a whole new headlight housing, and right now I've got other things to spend money on. :sadface:

There are many sources for Stealth bulbs; here's one: http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm Look about 3/4 down the page for the 3156 or 3157 Silver Vision bulbs. These are dual- filament Parking/Turn Signal bulbs and they are 3157s. Their prices are good and they ship quickly. I've ordered some LEDs from them and have been happy.

I think I MAY have gotten the honeycomb lower grill from f150store. I know it didn't cost much and went on very easily. I don't think I had it installed when I took that picture. Guess I need to retake it, huh?

- Jack

Last edited by Jackpine; Tue, January 6th, 2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Corrected bulb number from 3156 to 3157