View Single Post
Old Tue, January 12th, 2021, 03:48 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I have nothing against a Honda Goldwing. It's actually a beautiful bike with plenty of power and many options and creature comforts. I have a friend that has one and it's very nice. He rides with the Harley guys and nobody would ever give him grief over it. The only problem with a Goldwing is that it would put me back into a top heavy bike that would have a very serious toll on my knees. Maybe once I get my knees replaced it would be less of a problem, but for now I have to work within my physical limitations.

That, and I still like the semi-sport bike feel of the Concours.

For reference:

Goldwing - 835 Lbs. (Wet) A large amount of this weight (especially the 160 Lb. difference) is up high which raises the center of gravity. It's like riding with an extra person, but without the extra person.
Concours - 670 Lbs. (Wet) Most of this weight is very low which keeps the bike nimble and easy to handle, particularly when at a stop.
Harley Ultra Classic - 844 Lbs. (Dry) Figure another 50 Lbs. (894 Lbs. total wet) for fluids/fuel.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!