View Single Post
Old Fri, January 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
Thank you for the reply.

Tune to below specs please.

1. 87 Stock towing
2. 87 Custom Performance
3. 93 Stock Performance

Edit: If that's not availible in that order just set me straight on the whole thing. That was just going by your new form.

I might buy the 87 custom tow and 93 Custom Performance at a later date.

Also, when will my card be charged? Before or after I recieve my tune. Will they be seperate, gryphon flash charge. Then tune charge when it's complete?

Thank you for your time,
Jason

One more Edit: Should I print a copy of the form and put it in the packaging box, or just go on what I have already sent you. I would rather not put that info in the box considering the nature of the information. Better yet, I'll just send you the Edge Evo. No form. If you don't mind?

Also one more edit: LOL....Could I keep my original housing mount, it matches my interior? Nevermind on this part..The actual housing is not changed to black, just the face plate on the Edge evo is changed black and I love that look. So disregard this part. My bad.

OK I'm finished, I hope.
Jason, I think I can answer all this and save Corey some time.

You can actually have your custom tune put in at ANY level, leaving the other two at "stock", which is the "canned" Gryphon tune actually, we normally call the Ford factory tune the "stock" tune. (Corey, you MAY want to reword your form?)

And, I'm pretty sure there's no real difficulty in moving the "canned" tunes to other levels as you are wanting.

And yes, you can get an additional tune later. That's exactly what I did. I got a custom tow tune first, in Level 2, when I converted, then later, I got an 87 Economy tune (which I had installed in Level 1).

I'm CERTAIN you're going to get just one charge, for both the conversion and the tune upload. Bill does both BEFORE they send the unit back to you. Exactly when this charge happens, I don't know, but I suspect it may happen shortly after they receive your unit.

If they already have your upgrade form, there's no need to include it with the unit. I would send it insured for $400.00 and with package tracking though! You CAN include ANY additional information you'd like with the unit though, such as a "narrative" on what you are looking for in the tune, your driving style, etc. Bill has to "get into your mind" to write your tune, and the more you can tell him, the better. This is what I did when I "converted".

Keep your mount. And, if you have one of the newer units, you don't have to send the cable either. (I would though - it doesn't do you any good until you get your Gryphon back and maybe Bill can run some checks on it to make sure it's ok).

Now, I hope I've saved Corey a bit of typing.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer