View Single Post
Old Thu, March 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
Double Whopper

wood4heat is on a distinguished road

Well I've put about 40 miles on the exhaust now have a clearer idea of what it has done for the truck. It has a deeper crisper sound to it but from inside the cab it's only the slightest bit louder than stock. I drove a short distance with the passenger side windows down and did notice more turbo whistle at low rpm's.

In terms of performance I got what I expected, not much. For my own unscientific test I climbed a hill on my way home that causes the truck to shift down to third at roughly the same spot every time. In three passes over three days the truck still shifts down at basically the same point. It may be my imagination but it does seem to cruise down the freeway with less effort and may be a bit more responsive but when I open it up it pulls about the same as it always has.

In the end I am very happy with this exhaust. I love the tone and didn't really expect a significant performance increase. The installation went smooth and the fit was great. The best thing is I am now ready to move on to bigger more substantial mods!