View Single Post
Old Fri, May 14th, 2010, 05:25 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBFX4 View Post
The speedo comes from the factory, about 2 mph fast on these trucks. So I would say its probably correct.
Right, your speedo is probably reading only about 1% higher than it should be reading, so your miles driven is about 1% off too (it's a linear relationship). Unfortunately, if the speedo is faster than actual, the odometer reading is higher than actual too, so, you're showing 101 miles for every 100 miles driven. This is hardly an earthshaking error, but it means your actual mileage is 1% less.

You go downhill TO Denver, overall, but I recall there's a pretty good climb around Monument I think? In Denver, and at the AF Academy, you're doing city driving. I don't see your mileage as being horribly bad, just not great.

However, some trucks are going to get better mileage than others, due to tire size, tread pattern, inflation pressure, gearing, overall weight and production "differences". You really can't expect to set economy records with a full sized pickup truck. And, I'm suspicious of ANY "high" mileage claims I read about for f150s.

- Jack