View Single Post
Old Tue, September 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
So the hood has some damage from hail and some chips from rocks I believe, and I am looking to get either a new hood or a good place that will fix the damage... any ideas on a good hood/repair place? , thanks!
I also have thought of getting a ram air scoop hood if I have to get a new one, or get a shaker CAI, those look good and seem semi functional, but I think that since all of them (ram air and shaker setups) do the same thing my makeshift one did on my F150, let cooler air, and bugs, enter the system, there might be a better option out there. I like the shaker because it seals better from intake to filter, but it runs along the motor so the cold air myth is still intact. A ram air has to have a seal between the hood and the airbox, and while most use the stock setup as much as possible, there can be issues(i think at least) with the sealing so warm air might still get in. Either way I think the hood vents to let heat/air escape would be a good idea, and many ram-air setups have those while most shakers require putting a hole in the hood...
Let me know what you all think! thanks!, oh and any front bumper ideas for the mustang, or my 250 are appreciated
Shakers are Spendy..... http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ir-Hood-System

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.