View Single Post
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 08:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsipe1 View Post
Thanks JackandJanet. I knew the custom tunes for the old truck wouldn't have worked. I was hoping to only have to pay for 3 new custom tunes and not a new programmer. I am sure this was a busine$$ decision on the part of edge not to allow older programmers to be reprogrammed and I don't blame Bill at all. I'm sure he's aware of the hardware capabilities, but if Edge says "no" he is probably bound by contract to comply. I'll see if I can figure this pegasus thing out and I guess its going to ebay.

I do like the new CS model, but really didn't want to put out the extra funds at this time.
I understand your point completely and you are 100% correct in your analysis. It's very obvious that Edge is trying to quietly phase out the older style programmers in favor of the new ones and yes, from a business standpoint, it makes sense to market a single platform that "does everything".

Still, like you, I wish they had not closed the older units down so "firmly". In my case, if I ever sell my truck, the old Gryphon will go with it.

- Jack