View Single Post
Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Just shows how different trucks are like different people. No two will ever be exactly alike. But, I agree, it's kinda weird how they could be "opposite". I should probably try bumping the timing again now that I have custom tunes. Possibly, I'd get different, and better results.
- Jack
Haha, I bet it can drive Bill a little crazy because he can never be 100% sure how a truck will react.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfishrmn View Post
I have played with the timing a bit to see if there is a benefit. At +.25 it seemed peppier but less torque. Also had an increase in MPG (this was when I was still running the AC constantly). Tried +.50 but that almost seemed to erase any benefit. I am now running it at the 87 custom performance +0without the AC mostly and mileage is about the same as +.25 with the AC on. I like the way the truck feels at +0 better than with advanced timing. It just seems to pull harder. I'm not a racer, just normal mixed city/highway with light hauling and towing. I will try it again at +.25 now with the cooler weather and see if it makes a difference.

Also my idle seemed to smooth out at +.25, now at +0 it is slightly rough at times.

Thanks for the input, I think ethanol may be here for a while and this may help sort out if we can tweek things to better advantage.
^That is very similar to what was going on with my truck. Haha, you'd think that since they are machines off of an assembly line that they would all be the same. Sure is strange. But I guess it's those quirks that keeps Bill in business.