View Single Post
Old Sun, January 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris74 View Post
Hey folks: I just returned my truck to stock and unplugged Gryphon because the truck is going to dealer tomorrow for a Ford Reflash.

But for future reference........is there any reason I can't load one of my tunes and unplug Gryphon once PCM is programmed with the tune (and truck would still function properly on loaded tune)?
I was just thinking that if it's done stock why can't it be unplugged with any tune?
Was thinking I could unplug it for the winter.....or atleast during the bitter cold weather to save the drain in the battery while programmer is in sleep mode. But I would still be driving my truck on performance tune.
Yes indeed you can do that. I removed my Gryphon when I drove my truck about 150 miles into Mexico out of fear it would get somehow "liberated". The unit simply acts as a monitor once the PCM is programmed on any level and has no effect on the truck at all.

Before I bought a Battery Tender, I unplugged the Gryphon too, since my truck does a lot of sitting in the garage.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer