Thread: edge evo probs
View Single Post
Old Fri, January 1st, 2010, 01:35 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Doug,

You included every number on the PCM except the BOX Code, which based on the part number should be MNM1.

So you are aware, we very rarely have communications issues with '99 and later PCMs. I have seen a few times where one of the 3 important pins (FEPS, J1850+, and J1850-) in the PCM connector is bent and causes a communication problem or a programming problem. Once or twice I've even seen a PCM where the communications was dead and even the factory scan tool couldn't talk to it.

Also, we physically test every J1850 type programmer (97-03 F-150 and 99-03 F-Super Duty) before they leave by connecting to a bench PCM in order to make sure it communicates correctly and there aren't any problems. It's my understanding that Edge tests all their cables as well, but there was a bad batch in 900929-00 Rev. 4 that had manufacturing defect that caused the cables to become unresponsive. If you get a moment, could you verify the part number on the cable (a little white or yellow sticker on either end of the cable and let us know what the part number is (particularly the Rev number)? We can then better advise.

Take care and have a happy New Year.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!