View Single Post
Old Thu, October 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Whopper Junior

domestic is on a distinguished road
Default A few questions about upgrading my Evo

Hi all! I've been researching the forums and have found many answers to my questions, but I still have a couple. I've been calling PHP all day but I keep getting their answering machine so Imma try here.

1st question:
The stock tunes are free, right? You only pay for the "custom" ones.

2nd:
I have a Flowmaster Super 44 series exhaust system and an AFE stage 2 CAI system. I use my truck as my daily ride and do a mixture of city and highway driving. I use 87 mostly so I def want to do the custom 87 performance Tune.

The other two levels I'm not sure about... I dont want to spend $180 on 3 custom tunes....but maybe I can shell out enough $$$ for two...

I occasionally tow but its not very often (5 times a year maybe) so I was thinking about sticking with the stock 87 tow tune. Is this a good idea or is it really worth it getting a custom tow tune?

Also, I'd like to put some 93 gas in and have a little fun. I did this with my Edge, but didnt notice much of a difference from level 2 to 3. If I did a custom 93 performance tune, would I notice a considerable difference from the custom 87 per tune? Or should i just save the $ and stick with the stock 93 performance tune

3rd:
How long will it take for me to get my tuner back? I'm in the Army and I am moving to Ft. Knox NOV 21 and was wondering if I sent it in now, would I get it back before I left.

Thank You!