View Single Post
Old Sun, October 18th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road

We have sure spent some coin on our trucks, haven't we?

Okay. mine was bought to haul and tow, and I bought her new in May of '98 just as the Super Duties were arriving in town.

1) Tymar intake, complete with Dondalson filter and Magic Smoke Performance Prefilter.
2) Beans D-66 Turbo, 3 inch ceramic coated Hypermac d.p. into a "free flowing 4 inch exhaust.
3) Pillar Ultralites gauges, and a Terminator Scan Gauge.
4) Terminator modded gen 3 17* HPOP -----(HUGE IMPROVEMENT)
5) Built E4OD with ATS lifetime billet converter, Tru-cool 42k trans cooler.
6) Banks Intercooler kit ---------(BIG IMPROVEMENT for OBS trucks)
7) Off-Road unlimited Shackle reverse kit---big ride improvement.
8) Arrowcraft dual rear wheel conversion Kit, Alcoa wheels..love 'em.
9) Pure-Power lifetime billet oil filter, expensive but worth it.
10) Mag Hytec trans pan and rear diff cover.
11) PHP Flex F.U. 2 chip w/burner....(HUGE IMPROVEMENT).
12) Firestone Ride Rite air bags with on board compressor and dash gauge w/controls. Great for levelling the truck, and levelling thecamper when it is on.
13) Rancho 9000's all the way around, adjusted to 1 for daily driving and 9 when we load up the Arctic Fox 990 cabover.
14) DIY converter lock and exhaust brake used for slow-going in a canyon on the way to the lake.
15) Tork-Lift superhitch w/32 inch extension to tow toyhauler or whatever behind truck with camper on.
16) Tork-Lift camper tie downs.
17) Way too much money tied up in stereo gear, then the comms and other stuff on a overhead shelf.
18) Silverstar headlight bulbs
19) Prodigy brake controller

The items that have made the biggest performance improvements, in no particular order..

Intercooler- You simply cannot tow heavy without one, unless you are content at crossing Donner pass at 20 MPH. This mod lets you use the power made by the PHP Chip.

PHP Flex chip. I had a chip tune by Bill way back when, and thought it was great. This new stuff is amazing.

We just installed the modded Terminator HPOP a week or two ago. For all of you gys out there running a chip in an OBS, add "More ICP" to your list of things to do. This one item will bring your chip to life, my truck is a different animal. There is a reason they left the 15* pump behind when the Super duties came out and went to the 17*

This is where my truck stands now. I am pleased with it right now, but I am contemplating 160cc AC injectors for next year.

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge