View Single Post
Old Wed, September 1st, 2010, 08:47 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Yes, you can certainly restore it to the canned tune status. All you have to do is connect it to Pegasus, and click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Updated Manager] and then let it install BOTH firmware and calibration updates. The calibration updates will restore the canned tunes.

Your old custom tunes would not have worked on a newer truck anyway - Bill would have to totally re-write them, even if your programmer was still able to be used.

You can blame Edge for this if you'd like. They simply do not want custom tunes put onto a non CS/CTS unit for 09+ trucks.

I DO think you'll be able to sell your Gryphon pretty quickly though. And, it's a good excuse to get a CS or CTS! (I decided to get one for my truck and I still have the old Gryphon too.) You can tell Bill you want your new tunes to "feel" like the older ones, if you liked them. He can probably use that information to good advantage.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer