View Single Post
Old Mon, February 9th, 2009, 06:21 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Interesting that your 89 octane is E10, our 87 is E10! In fact, all our gas is E10. As Bill said in one of his recent posts, about all ethanol is good for is to make your engine run badly.

And, I'm not against farmers either - I think they deserve our utmost support. I AM unhappy with "Big Ag" - ADM, Cargill, and the like, who control agriculture from the cradle to the grave. Who through their lobbying efforts in Congress have made it next to impossible for an "organic", non-industrial farm to ever get a foothold, in spite of the fact that that kind of farming COULD be just as productive and would produce a smaller carbon/pesticide/pollutant footprint on the planet.

I posted a huge rant on this over on the f150forums quite a few months ago. I suppose I should not repeat it here.

Possibly though, the differences in fuel blends used in different States could account for the differences I see in MPG figures reported by our f150 owners?

- Jack