Thread: The old IDI's
View Single Post
Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 08:36 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Was that before or after he did "Convoy"? Much to Corey's chagrin, I love that song "Convoy". When I was a kid, I used to dream about driving big trucks because they were SOOOO cool. I still think they're neat and enjoy talking to the truckers on long road trips.
Convoy, was what made him famous. He did a bunch of others and I can't tell you which came first. I think I have every record he made. "Sloan" was a companion song to "Old Home Filler-Up & Keep on A-Truckin' Cafe", another one I liked a lot.

Sloan, was a hound though, not a pretty little border collie like that one.

I can appreciate your dreaming about driving big rigs. I wanted to be a train engineer when I was a kid. My Dad used to take us out to see the big cab forward go by on the Donner Pass line when I was young. The engineer would wave and toot the horn to us. Here's a link to a picture of one: http://www.yesteryeardepot.com/SP4142.JPG It was a HUGE locomotive!

- Jack