Thread: Blown CAC Hose
View Single Post
Old Tue, July 19th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Double Whopper

superdutynick is on a distinguished road
Default Blown CAC Hose

Anyone blown a hole in the CAC hose cold (drivers side). I have a 2005 6.0PSD with 50k miles. I installed the CTS last Friday and was running the 80 HP performance stock tune (while waiting for my custom tunes ). It was running good up until I blew the hose. I was on my way home from work today when it happened... I was running around 70 in the left lane and wanted to get in front of some people in the right lane before I had to turn off (didn't want to be behind them on the county road). I hammered it... started accelerating... heard a loud pop and hissing and lost power. Freaked me out! I turned off to the side road kept checking everything (gauges, lights, signs of leaking fluids behind me) decided to take it easy and try and make it home about 4 miles. On the drive home I had diagnosed it as turbo related since everything seemed ok except for when the boost got above 6psi. I found a hole under the air cleaner in between the corrugations about 3 inches from the cooler. I am thinking it was probably a weak spot that was bound to happen sooner or later... the extra power just maybe expedited it. Any thoughts? I have read a lot about the hoses blowing off… just not blowing a hole. BTW I found one and ordered it; should be here Thursday… maybe I will have the custom tunes too!