Thread: Blown CAC Hose
View Single Post
Old Fri, July 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Double Whopper

superdutynick is on a distinguished road

OK... so the hose came in today and it took about an hour to replace. Truck seems to be running better on stock than it did before. It also seems quieter at idle than it did before. I saw several slits around the tube and a big blow out. I think it had been leaking for a while. Would a leaky hose make the engine louder? I never heard any “hissing” from it before… it just sounded louder, and I had had some complaints at drive through’s the last several months that I had never had before.

The replacement that I ordered was by Dorman 904-227. It is identical to the Ford except the Ford oval and Ford P/N were literally ground off with a die grinder or dremel tool. Not too happy about that. The tube is definitely thinner there now because of it. Has anyone else used Dorman products and noticed this? Doesn’t seem right to me. If they make it for Ford, all they had to do (when they were designing the mold) was put a removable insert with the Ford stuff, and then they could have put their name on it place of Ford’s without compromising the integrity of the tube (I used do design molds).

Thanks for the advice Bill… I checked out the other boots and I see oil build up on and around them… I will be ordering some real soon to replace them.