View Single Post
Old Sat, February 13th, 2021, 10:22 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Morning thoughts.....

DAMN!
We should only have one more day of this and then the highs for next week will be 60 degrees warmer!
Holy crap, dude! And I'm sitting here complaining about the same temp on the + side of the scale.

As for the injury side of things... I've been pretty fortunate, I guess. A few stupid things aside, I suppose I've come out okay.

Born with a double hernia, I made it to almost 30 before I finally had to get them fixed. One in 1997 and one in 2004. The first surgery I could barely move for almost two weeks while the second surgery had me up the next day and back at work. The other consequence of the first surgery is that they apparently cut a nerve that runs down the inside of my left leg, so I have minimal feeling on the inside of my leg from my groin to my knee. The leg works fine, so I just deal with it. Just glad it wasn't a few more inches to the right.

2 dirtbike accidents (one in 2005 and another in 2006) both had interesting outcomes.

The first one left me with 2 fractured ankles after coming up short on a double jump and casing the bike. Thank goodness for extremely stiff riding boots or my ankles would have been completely buggered. As it was, I could barely walk correctly for almost 3 months, and couldn't roll my ankles outwards for nearly 2 years.

The second one had me come off my bike head first from about 12 feet in the air when my back tire caught a jump wrong and the bike mule kicked me off. Basically I took a nosedive into the dirt, getting a concussion in the process. Also, because I extended my arms as I was travelling towards the ground (picture a diving position), I ended up tearing the muscles in between several of the ribs on my left side. This actually may have saved me from breaking my neck, but it hurt like hell when recovering. It took almost 6 months for that to heal up, but I'm glad I'm still alive to talk about it.

Another dirtbike injury in 2010 had me hyperextending my right shoulder and tearing my rotator cuff. After avoiding that surgery for several years, I finally had that fixed and everything works great.

I still seem to refuse to accept the fact that in my 50's. I don't generally have many physical ailments that restrict me from doing things, I just have to remember that while I may party like a 25 year old rock star, I don't recover like one. In some situations it may take me a couple days to get over moving some furniture or working on a truck.

As I say, I've been pretty fortunate in the physical department. My eyes have gone to crap, but the body is still holding up alright and there's very little I can't do. I just have to use a little more care when doing certain things, particularly heavy lifting. It's not that I can't lift something, it's just that 2 days later I regret it.

This getting old business is for the birds. I'm glad there are people like Jack that show we can still be plugging away in our senior days.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!