View Single Post
Old Sat, February 13th, 2021, 11:40 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

There's a reason dirtbiking looks fun but I will never do it. I've seen way too many Youtube videos of people hurting themselves doing that and skateboarding. No thanks!

When my dad retired 10 years ago (FINALLY), he had his back and both rotator cuffs done in the first 3 years. I'm a lot like my dad in a few ways; we both kind of ignore stuff and then just keep working as usual once we feel like we can because we can't sit still and do nothing. He didn't do any physical therapy and as soon as he spent a few days doing nothing in his chair with the ice water pump thing on his shoulders he was back to normal stuff....fencing (driving posts manually and dragging elk around and gutting them for people).

I hope that I am still able to do what he does to this day at age 74 when I get up there. He's no longer the invincible Superman that I used to know but he can still outwork most every 50-something I've met and he leaves those young "kids" on the fire department in awe when he starts doing stuff.

Like you, I don't really "feel my age" and most days I don't feel much different than I did in my early 30's other than the changes that come with a wife that loves to cook and is very good at it....well....I don't look the same. I CAN finally grow some facial hair though. That started about the time the metabolism changed at 37.