View Single Post
Old Sat, February 13th, 2021, 12:23 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
...<snip>...
This getting old business is for the birds. I'm glad there are people like Jack that show we can still be plugging away in our senior days.
Yep, old as dirt. Was 80 last January. I've heard that "quality lasts"?

Still able to to most physical tasks. Been helping my contractor on a deck rebuild at my house, mostly doing simple things like painting and helping to carry big heavy things like 16 ft deck planks.

But, speaking of hernias, in the past 4 years I've had to have 4 hernias repaired! Guess I have a flimsy gut. Thankfully, all repairs went well and I was only laid up about one day each time, but two of them were emergency surgeries and I was in bad shape when I went to the emergency room.

I still hike when I get the chance. A couple months ago went on an 8 mile hike, climbing about 1200 ft in the mountains where I now live. I think the "key" is to stay active.

Got my first Covid-19 shot two weeks ago. No reaction to speak of, except for a very slightly stiff feeling arm. It was the Moderna vaccine.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer