View Single Post
Old Thu, February 3rd, 2022, 11:06 AM
Whopper Junior

ybyrental is on a distinguished road

Thanks, guys. Just trying to keep it in a pretty safe mode.

I did have a boost gauge prior to the Orion, because we were curious if we were losing any power over time. When it has always been underpowered, it's easy to think that you are even losing more. From what little information I did gather, the general consensus was about 17psi under max load in stock configuration? I was getting around 16.5psi, so I figured that we were still getting full output.

Now---foolish me....I put a 20PSI boost gauge in the truck, not knowing that your reflash kit existed. Like I mentioned, I'm running at power level 4, and it obviously goes beyond the 20PSI max reading. If I was guessing, maybe it maxes around 22-23PSI at this level? A higher boost gauge is on its way. I also put in a pyrometer, and so far, my max temp on my heaviest pull has been around 1050 degrees.

I figure I'll stay at this power level until I'm confident my most heavy hauling doesn't send those temperatures much higher. But if you were to guess, how much higher EGTs could I expect going up one more power level? How much higher boost pressure?