View Single Post
Old Fri, July 22nd, 2022, 08:24 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I got the engine installed last Wednesday but I wanted to get the exhaust built, rear axle swapped (disc brakes from the blue/white 1995 before I put the SuperDuty axles in it), and clean out the interior and put in a few new parts like pedal pads, shifter boots, etc.

The reason it's "the winter pickup" is because it's originally from Illinois so the body's already got some rot on it. I have all of these diesel pickups (with zero rust) that I don't like to or want to use when it's below zero and the roads are slathered in deicer. I decided I needed a "gasser" for that and I don't have to care about rust.

Original purchase price of $1400 with a ran-when-parked EFI 460 and a lot of non-maintenance for 190K miles. It should have about double the HP now. I'm into this thing about $2800 and by the time winter rolls around and I figure out what to do with tires/wheels, I'll be a shade over $3K if I buy some and don't use something I have laying around. I have a set of 2019 18" wheels but $500 for adapters is a bit rich for my blood....and I don't have any 18" tires in the shed.

https://rumble.com/v1d9ziz-in-and-ru...nter-now..html

Last edited by cleatus12r; Fri, July 22nd, 2022 at 08:51 PM.