View Single Post
Old Sat, November 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Whopper Junior

FStorm150 is on a distinguished road

My apologies about the duplicate post Jack, sorry!

I will try the cable with another device such as a digital camera and see if it works. There is not sound when the Gryphon is plugged into the PC, and I know exactly what you mean by that. It's like when you plug any piece of hardware like a camera or printer into a PC and a message pops up at the bottom right toolbar saying new hardware has been found or something like that with a sound playing, but that hasn't happened when I've plugged the Gryphon in. And like I said the Gryphon doesn't light up at all. However, it works perfectly when plugged into my OBDII port, I even ran a stock tune through it last night to see how it worked. So far, so good as far as it operating properly in the truck.

I've also e-mailed Bill about the matter. Hopefully he'll have some insight on it. The only reason I'm in a rush to get it connected to the PC is so that I can get the serial number to the Gryphon so that I can order a custom tune, and eventually be able to download it when it's done.

Thanks again for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
It is normal for the warnings about "unknown publisher" or "windows logo" to appear, and they can be ignored. Microsoft brings those up any time you install anything that is not either written by Microsoft or that was sent to Microsoft and "approved".

It almost sounds like you have a faulty USB cable. The screen on the Gryphon should light up red if it is not connected to Pegasus, then it will turn green when it is connected. So, I'm thinking you are not receiving power through the USB cable either because of a problem in it or because there might be some problem in the USB port of the PC you are using. Since you tried two PCs, I'm betting on a cable problem. Is there some other device you can try with that cable?

The PC should also play a little "sound" when you plug the Gryphon in - does it?

And, does the Gryphon function properly when you plug it into the OBDII port of your truck (with the ignition turned ON, engine off)?

Edit: And FStorm, I've merged your two threads on this subject together here. Please don't start duplicate threads on the same topic. It causes confusion and can result in erroneous information being posted.

- Jack