View Single Post
Old Tue, January 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I suspect, Corey, this is one place where your own "built in" prejudices are guiding you. I understand exactly what you are trying to correct, but don't see it as a problem. The way you've rearranged things makes sense to me too, so don't worry. A separate "sticky" category may be the best approach. But, consider this:

Someone has a question about the "Gryphon", let's say. That person goes to the "Gryphon" forum, but doesn't think to look at the thread called "Stickies". And, of course, the answer was in a sticky all along.

I suspect it's all what someone new to the forum expects. Your approach is very logical and makes perfect sense. But, since it's sort of "off to the side", does it work well for someone looking for answers to common problems?

And maybe, we need to change the titles of the threads we promote to "Sticky" category to better represent the problems or issues they address?

(So you'll know, I'm the "no opinion" vote).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer