View Single Post
Old Mon, February 14th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Bacon King

mmandley is on a distinguished road
Help Installed Programmer 1800 miles in 3 days

Hi everyone.

I just got my diesel programmer installed.

Thanks Bill and PHP team for 2 day shipping to get it to me before i left on my trip.

I noticed a few things maybe you can help me out here.

1 - No trans temp? I have a trans temp gauge on the dash but the programmer says N/A? Why is this?

Rest is about the canned tunes. Im trying to figure out if i really need Custom tunes or if the canned tunes will do what i need.

Trans Mode = Seemed pretty stock and i didn't notice a difference in my trans performance. What is this tune actually used for?

Economy tune = used this on my trip the most. Every time, and i mean every time i started my truck i get a Check Engine Light. p0299 T/S Underboost.

I assume this is due to my turbo not boosting at idle.

Im worried this tune isnt running the turbo enough and i will get carbon build up and turbo issues down the road. Is there a concern with that? Is there a way to make the CEL not come on every time i start my truck? I like this tune on the highway but in town its really dogged feeling.

Tow tune = I didnt use this as i wasnt towing, i assume its a power tune to allow more HP and Torque at lower RPMs for pulling.

Extream = didn't use this one as im running stock Head bolts. Is it safe to run this tune? Im afraid to damage the engine. I don't plan on driving like a NASCAR but if i punch the go pedal i don't want to break something eighter.

Please help in these concerns if you can. I already paid PHP for 4 custom tunes but Bill said if i liked the canned tunes then he will credit the money but knowing me ill just add it to get the FICM re tuned as well. Please Help.

Thanks

08 F350 Crew Cab Lariat Edition 4x4 6.4L Twin Turbo Diesel