Thread: Questions.
View Single Post
Old Sat, January 10th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

The best way I can answer your question, Joe, is to let one of our customers explain: http://www.f150online.com/forums/chi...ing-worth.html In this recent thread, Bluejay, a.k.a. Jim Smith, explains about his stock truck before and after canned tunes and before and after custom tunes.

As far as price goes, the base programmer with canned tunes is $399. If you want to purchase custom tunes at the time you purchase the Gryphon, they are $30 each, and you can get 1, 2, or 3. If you decide down the road to purchase them, we would charge you our standard custom calibration price of $50 each. The cool thing is that if you KNOW you're going to be getting a CAI or something a few months down the road, you can purchase them at the discounted price, but you don't have to use them right away -- on the order form, we actually give you the option to choose I intend to request this calibration later. A few months ago, we implemented this pricing structure due to the economy. We realized that people just don't have the money to plop down $2,000 on modifications all at once and that they usually need to be purchased in stages. The way it's priced now, people can get in on the lower price NOW and use the programmer with the stock tunes and then make modifications at a later date and request their custom tunes! It's WAY more paperwork, and with the number of customers we have now, it's a little chaotic sometimes, but we think it's the fairest way to go.

BTW, I have a stock '05 Expedition. Bill's been playing with the custom tunes on it, and right now, it's not programmed at all, and it feels like . I am quite sure that with the stock shifting between 1 & 2 and 2 & 3, I can get out and push the dang thing faster. It's similar to the feeling of driving in mud. I can't wait until he gets back!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019