View Single Post
Old Fri, April 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post

Anyway, I'll have more information by Monday on the release of the new strategy and can get everyone updated to the new strategy. Those who have already been reflashed will be updated at no charge. We just ask that you provide the (refundable) $250.00 deposit for the programmer and cover shipping costs to you. We'll cover the return shipping and include a pre-paid shipping label in the package.
Thanks Bill, Its Awesome to hear that a fix is near, and we weren't all imagining issues with our trucks (Well, I guess the fact our trucks need I/H is an issue in itself, but...oh well)

Two question(s),

1) To get the remote FICM 're-tune' done, do we have to send in deposit for the programmer, or are those with (or soon to have) a Gryphon going to be able to do the remote program with it? (IE, when you ship me my Gryphon, can it be sent ready to flash my FICM, and then after that, I grab the canned or custom tunes w/ Pegasus?)

2) (this question is for my own personal curiosity) Is the inductive heat strategy a hard-coded thing that runs for so long under a timer every time the truck is started no matter what, or does the ECM trigger it when it wants to based on sensor inputs (ambient temp, engine temp, etc)? Guess I'm curious if it is something that you can enable/disable when ever you want with the Gryphon? (ie, have a 'start inductive heating' menu option on the Gryphon which triggers it to turn on/off depending on the temp/how the truck is running,etc.) By no means am I asking you to implement such feature, just curious as to how controllable it is (ie, is it simmilar to the injector buzz test in that it is something that can be triggered on demand).

Thanks again Bill, we know you're burried, and you sell a product most people have a hard time waiting for.... (thats good, right?)

regards,
Eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback