View Single Post
Old Tue, July 21st, 2009, 10:26 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
I am thinking of lowering the Low boost fuel and/or the Injector Pulsewidth Multiplier to stock or slightly below stock for these ranges to gain fuel economy.. Any ideas or thoughts on this
So you'll end up with a slightly more aggressive desired ICP, earlier SOI, and a really doggy truck.

The problem with doing that is......

The PW Multiplier map is where the extra fuel comes from. Without the longer fuel injection event and the low boost fueling set at stock.....you'll be right at stock power levels. I can't say (since I haven't done any dyno testing with this particular setup) whether or not you'll actually have less power in setting the PW Multiplier to stock and leaving the SOI and SOI Delay the same as it is in the higher HP settings because you're injecting less fuel earlier; there will be a point where the fuel isn't burning anymore since it's no longer being injected at the optimal point ATDC to push down on the pistons.

You can try it though....nobody is stopping you!