View Single Post
Old Sun, November 1st, 2009, 02:54 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
LOL I know..And the best part is, turned out I have no Leak, but a sticky waste gate on my new SD turbo It probably has something to do with your older truck not having any means of control for the wastegate (since those trucks didn't have one). If you hooked the red line directly to the manifold (seeing boost pressure all the time), it will start to open the wastegate as soon as any boost is produced. The Super Duty trucks have a solenoid valve that inhibits any boost pressure from acting on the wastegate actuator until a certain boost level is hit under certain operating conditions.

I assume its OK to run without the red tube connected to turbo? I was told to unplug and see if I still had turbo problems, and Bam! 26lbs of booosstt
which seems fair for my AD codes yeah ?? Yes, you can run it without the red line attached.

and also no more CEL, Did get a new set of tunes from Bill, with Upped ICP and timing, But I could set the CEL(not knowing what code) last night no problem,
but with the "red tube" removed from the turbo it runs fine, no CEL
can that be related ?? The OBS trucks do not defuel under high boost conditions, but they will set an overboost code. My guess is that you are setting a low injection control pressure code.

Hope this helps. Good luck!