View Single Post
Old Sun, October 16th, 2022, 05:00 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Default PCM hardware questions regarding reflash

Are the REALLY old EEC-V 7.3L processors unable to be reflashed?

The reason I ask is because I have in the shop a 6/94 build Powerstroke with a BEG8 PCM. I have no communication on the 16-pin connector under the dash (powers a scan tool fine) and therefore cannot flash through the DLC. I also have an off-board adapter and it works just fine on other DPC-203 PCMs around here but will not do anything with this very early-bird. It will not "wake up". The vehicle runs fine other than being here for a set of injectors but I can't do any diagnostic routines or get live data. I was hoping to flash it to a VDAB0_02 but I can't even do it on a bench. Replacing the stock PCM with another DPC-203 proves that the DLC wiring and diagnostic systems are functional.

Do I have a faulty PCM here or a PCM with different hardware that will not work with my flash tool? I can read it through the J3 port all day and "chip it" but anything "front door" is no bueno and I don't want to waste a chip (or charge for one) just to put a later stock calibration on it that would allow for a datastream.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Sun, October 16th, 2022 at 05:24 PM.