View Single Post
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 07:50 PM
Whopper

F-One-Fiddy is on a distinguished road

Jack:
The cranking seems slow at first, but then picks up and starts. Its hard to describe the sound of it, but you know when you try to start a car and the battery is on its last leg...the engine turns over and eventually stops turning over (due to it being dead). This is how mine sounds for about a second. In fact the engine will basically stop turning over, but then will pick up and start.

When I start it I turn the key on and twist it to start the truck. I keep it pinned until the engine starts which is about 5-10 seconds. Like i said though, it almost boggs down at first, then picks up as time goes on until it starts. Its hard to think it would be the battery, but then again I havent checked it.

I will try the key in the on position trick after dinner tonight.

Lars:
I was able to get my truck back to the original factory settings before removing the edge. Before I actually unplugged the edge, the upper right corner that displays the programming level showed zero.

I may try to have my engine reflashed at a dealership if the battery and key trick prove to not help.

Thanks again....