View Single Post
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 11:02 PM
Whopper

DoneDunIt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer11 View Post
so your saying that i probably have injector issuses? Is there anyway i can test balance rates with my gryphon cs or the gryphon i have for ficm reprogramming? or am i going to have to take it to a diesel place?
Don't know all of your current conditions. The CS and CTS as of yet will not do the balance test on the 6.0. That plus the lack of any fuel mileage is two things that I was let down with Edge for not including on the 6.0 trucks. I think they should note this in their ads, I saw the injector balance in the ads and thought it came with the CTS.

If you are already running a Synthetic Oil you could have an injector problem. Unless you live in a very warm area of the country, most non-synthetic 15-40w oil will cause the cold start issues in the 6.0 trucks. If not and you are out of warranty the first thing that you could try is the Rev-X additive. I know some think of anything added to oil as being "Snake Oil Additives" but many have cleared up any cold start issues with Rev-X. Many have added it in under 30 degree weather to find they don't have to plug the block heater in to get them started in the mornings. Go to other Diesel Forums and do a search on Rev-X. I know $70 is a lot of money to try to fix something, but if you don't have anyway to check the injectors then it would be cheaper than having to pay for a Diagnostic and they tell you that you need injectors. With it running good when warm, I really don't think you have any "Bad" injectors.

If you are close to an oil change you could try a Good CJ rated Synthetic yet most are $10 a gallon more than non. After the first double dose of Rev-X you only use one bottle at each oil change. So with the 6.0 needing 3 1/2 gallons of oil for each change, it would cover adding it to non-synthetic for the same cost.