View Single Post
Old Tue, October 27th, 2009, 10:26 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
The 3AC was not nearly as sexy as the old 2TC and 3TC engines in the late '70s Corollas. THOSE were screamers with a set of Weber side drafts.

Talk about fun!

My other favorite Jap "box" car, Mazda RX4 with a 13B and a Weber 48 IDA carb. With extend port work, those things were AWESOME! Add a little nitrous and you had a car that would eat a big block for lunch. Heck, who needs Apex Seals anyway?

Of course, no list would be complete without the Opel Manta. Fun, fun, fun no matter how you slice it.
Well your are getting close to the car I used to drive in scca. It was a rx3 with 2 13b's bolted together and with a holly 600 dp each. We had to add lead weights in the back to keep the rear from sliding all over. Our mazda's weakest links were the water pump and the altenator. Back in the early 90's no one really designed and made high rpm compenents for this set up. During a race we consistantly were in the 9K-11k rpm area. Those rotary's sure could take it.
LOL's
Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.