View Single Post
Old Thu, November 18th, 2021, 07:57 AM
Rattletrap driver

Absolution is on a distinguished road

Well, First trip through the hills with this set up, on the way to pick up a car.

I think I'm "decently" tuned now at least for the option available to be.
Yesterday was the first trip I got to take to and from the WV hills grossing 27k. It was probably the best trip I've ever had. Before on most of the hills I would pull down to 25mph. But this time I never dropped below 45mph. Most of the 45mph hills were because there was another truck in front of me or if it was a long hill I had to run the splitter to raise rpm to cool it down. Dropping road speed in the process since the splits between gear ratios is pretty vast on this transmission. On very long pulls it would climb slowly to 1250/1300. So nothing really terrifying and I probably could keep it up there but I'd rather not have this rig break down any time soon lol. This also leads me to believe the old AD injectors were junked even though they would pass the buzz test.

My father's house finally sold so we have to start getting stuff out. We started with his car.
Also I don't have any boost leaks or uppipe leaks. Once I get my exhaust pressure gauge hooked up I'm thinking of cranking down on the waste gate some.
Besides that do you know of any other things I could do. I thought about water/methanol, but everyone is like "you don't need that with good tuning".
I didn't even have to drive this trip. So I got to get some photos and videos.
P.s. please ignore my duct tape gauges ��. I have a piece of kydex I need to bend for them.

I've also decided when I do the transmission next year I'm also going to chop the end off frame rails and lower the bed to accept 5th wheels. Plus pull the bumper pull hitch closer to the rear axle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20211116_095559.jpg (506.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20211116_105708.jpg (441.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20211116_095604.jpg (455.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Absolution; Thu, November 18th, 2021 at 08:15 AM.